Christianity is not just a matter of faith, but of faith based on good evidence. Here are links to pages evaluating the evidence.
- Why believe? (summary). A short outline of the reasons that convince me.
- The universe points to God. Strong forms of two philosophical arguments.
- Eleven healings. Miraculous healings supported by good evidence.
- How can God allow evil? We don’t have the answers, but 5 questions may help us think about this distressing question.
- The health and wellbeing benefits of active and positive christian belief. Scientific/medical studies show that religious be;lievers are healthier, happier and more altruistic.
- Why should people believe in Jesus?. Starting with the historical evidence (as found by secular historians) and concluding with faith as a sound basis for our own faith and for apologetics.
- Jesus – son of God? Presenting the evidence that Jesus claimed to be divine, using only the conclusions of secular historians.
- The resurrection. The historical facts and why it is reasonable to believe that the resurrection really occurred.
For much more information on reasons to believe, see my other website, Is there a God?, especially the pages suggesting how we might know if there indeed is a God.
Just wanted to drop in to say I’ve enjoyed reading your comments over at Finding Truth lately. I did not respond there because I’m trying my best to stay out of that conversation. I just don’t find it fruitful, which has been the case for a while and I haven’t been able to tear myself away. We’ll see how this time goes.
Hi Josh, thanks for the support. I think most of it isn’t fruitful either, but I appreciate Nate and enjoy discussing with him.